Our client is a leading global firm providing a wide range of banking, securities, management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of their people is critical to the success. Together, they share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. They can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of the culture.
Valuation Controller - Investment Banking
The Valuation Review Group is part of the firm’s Finance organization (Financial Control Group). The team that has been existing in Budapest since 2007 is an integrated and vital part of the global operation as they represent 60% of the entire global team.
Purpose of the Role:
Valuation review Group is in charge of providing an independent valuation control across the entire spectrum of financial instruments within the firm's sales and trading inventory. Products range from plain vanilla to the most complex structured derivative transactions covering many asset classes like Equities, Commodities, Fixed Income, etc.
The team works closely with the trading desks, risk management and senior Finance management. Due to the nature of the role and the complexity of the products, the positions offered within the Budapest Office provide a unique opportunity within a top tier investment bank.
● Monthly price verification to ensure positions are marked correctly in the firm’s books and records
● Liaising with different internal/external parties to provide a truly professional, independent analysis
● Preparing summaries on review results for senior finance executives and the Trading Desks
● Developing and standardizing the existing price verification processes and control framework
● Understanding global financial markets, following up market movements and understanding impact on the business
● Project work as required on new systems and functionality enhancements
● Good understanding of financial markets and products and willingness to learn
● Degree in finance, economics or other quantitative discipline (e.g. mathematics, physics, etc.)
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Solid knowledge of Excel
What we offer:
● Being part of a Global Team
● Having an opportunity to work with derivatives
● Training opportunities/Constant development
● Exposure to the entire spectrum of financial products in a top tier investment bank
● Active involvement in firm-wide valuation projects and initiatives
Place of work: Budapest / Hungary
RECRUITO ATS - Karrier portál modul r1244 - Online Üzleti Intelligencia Kft. © 2012