Our client is a leading global firm providing a wide range of banking, securities, management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of their people is critical to the success. Together, they share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. They can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of the culture.
Java Platform Engineering are a small, multidisciplinary global team of highly skilled developers whose role is to set the technical direction for application development within the firm, collaborate with firm developers to encourage adoption of best practices and provide specialised proprietary libraries. This provides a unique insight into how Java, and other languages, are used in large scale enterprise solutions and the types of problems that occur with deployments of this size.
Collaborate with your team to:
● Design and implement the next generation of our Java proprietary libraries, tools and components to support more modern architectures.
● Provide direction and define best practices for designing modern applications for all the firms Java developers.
● Work with application teams to identify and adopt the best solutions for their use cases.
● Provide technical solutions to adopting new techniques and libraries which interface with existing deployments.
● Increasing our involvement in the Open Source projects that we rely on
● A passion for technology and an interest in challenging themselves
● Deep knowledge of Java, including multithreading, JVM internals
● Solid understanding of data-structures, algorithms and other CS fundamentals
● Expertise in concurrent programming
● Experience with Spring/Spring-Boot, including knowledge of implementations
● Natural inclination to dig beneath the surface to understand how things work, why they are a certain way and what the design trade-offs are
You might also have:
● Common Java Open-Source libraries like Guava, Netty, Jetty, Hibernate, H2, Hikari, Spring-fox, Junit, Mockito
● Service discovery services, eg ZooKeeper, and their client API's, eg Curator
● Microservice gateways such as Zuul, Spring Cloud Gateway
● Performance benchmarking and analysis tools such as JMH, Censum
● Experience and knowledge wider than Java helps debugging, integration and with non pure Java tasks: Linux, C++, dynamic languages, JVM languages like Kotlin, RDBMS, R2DBC, nosql
What we offer:
● Opportunity to challenge yourself by solving some of the biggest technical challenges in the company
● Chance to be at the forefront of our partner's adoption of latest Java platforms, tools and techniques
● Insight into how Java is used in large scale enterprise deployments through collaborations with multiple teams across the firm.
● Opportunity to look 'under the hood' - how, why and what if are questions that we answer on a daily basis
Place of work: Budapest / Hungary
RECRUITO ATS - Karrier portál modul r1244 - Online Üzleti Intelligencia Kft. © 2012